Mesothelioma Fact , Mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer that occurs in the thin tissue that lines most of the internal organs. Asbestos is the cause of about 90 percent of all mesothelioma cases. Asbestos is a mineral found in the neighborhood. Asbestos fibers are strong and resistant to heat makes it very useful to be applied to a variety of needs. People who work in environments polluted many asbestos fibers have a greater risk of exposure mesothelioma.
When asbestos split, asbestos dust is formed. If dust is inhaled or swallowed asbestos fibers will then settle in the lungs or in the stomach and can cause irritation that causes mesothelioma.
Some people who over many years exposed to asbestos pollution can not have mesothelioma, while others the opposite. This indicates that other factors may be related, namely the hereditary factors do you have a family history of cancer in some people is a condition that increases the risk.
Risk factors that may increase the risk of mesothelioma such as:
• Exposure to asbestos fiber dust pollution
• Living with someone who works in an environment with asbestos (the asbestos fibers are attached to their clothing or skin)
• SV40 virus is found in many primates
• X-ray radiation
• Family history with mesothelioma
Many people who experienced mesothelioma exposed to asbestos fibers while working at places such as:
• Factory worker
• Manufacturing of electronic components
• Construction of rail
• Construction workers
• Beware if you work in an environment with asbestos
• Follow standard safety regulations
• Do not use objects that contain asbestos in your neighborhood